Be a Food Donor
Looking for a smart way to donate surplus food?
You just found it.
Any business with excess, unsold food can donate to local charities and not-for-profit organizations, right in your own community.
We review recipient organizations on your behalf to confirm proper food safety measures are in place, making your life easier.
THE BOTTOM LINESave on tipping fees and tell better stories about your community support through food recovery instead of throwing good food out.
If you’re thinking of joining, don’t hesitate. Awesome people and amazing platform for spreading accessible nutrition to those in need! Highly recommend FoodRescue.ca!
Tweet from @ChickapeaPasta in Collingwood
HOW IT WORKS
FoodRescue.ca connects your surplus food directly to social service organizations who will put it to great use.
Your donations support community initiatives, such as snacks for children's after-school programs, meals for seniors, food for shelters and drop-in centres.
- Food businesses register here to become a member Food Donor
- Donate food by entering details of surplus food available
- Set one-time pickup details or create recurring donations for regular rescues
- Not-for-profit organizations are screened to confirm food safety practices are in place
- Your donations are matched to the most suitable organizations in your community
- You'll receive notices when Rescuers have agreed to pick up at the times you set
- Access your account at any time to manage donations
Got Questions? Check out these FAQs
It really helps us a lot to give away surplus food and we are glad to be doing it!
Thobor’s Boulangerie Patisserie Café
THE AVOIDABLE CRISIS OF FOOD WASTESecond Harvest's ground-breaking report about surplus food being thrown away across the food industry. Read all about the issues and what you can do.
HOW TO MAKE A FOOD DONATION
HOW TO SET UP RECURRING DONATIONS
NATIONAL ZERO WASTE COUNCILAs Chair of the Food Working Group with NZWC, our own Lori Nikkel helped in the development of Guidelines to Minimize Wasted Food and Facilitate Food Donations.
To ensure everyone's peace-of-mind, we ask both Donors and Recipient organizations to agree to Terms and Conditions of using FoodRescue.ca. Please click the link above to download a copy of these Terms before completing the application. If you have any questions, please contact us.