Be a Food Donor
Looking for a smart way to donate surplus food?
You just found it.
Any business with excess, unsold food can donate to local charities and not-for-profit organizations, right in your own community.
We review recipient organizations on your behalf to confirm proper food safety measures are in place, making your life easier.
THE BOTTOM LINESave on tipping fees and tell better stories about your community support through food recovery instead of throwing good food out.
It really helps us a to give away surplus food and we're glad we're doing it!
Thobours Boulangerie Patisserie Café
HOW IT WORKS
FoodRescue.ca is a free and easy way for food businesses and non-profit organizations to connect, schedule and track food donations.
- Food businesses and non-profit organizations create a free profile
- Additional locations and users can be added to the account
- Businesses can make single donations or set up recurring pick-up schedules
- Notices with donation details are sent to local non-profit organizations
- These organizations select donations that they're interested in and go pick them up
- Donors are notified when their donation has been selected by a recipient organization
- The dashboard lists your donation history and showcases the positive social and environmental impact you make through using FoodRescue.ca
- Access your account at any time to view your dashboard and manage donations
Got Questions? Check out these FAQs