Become a Food Rescuer
Let us help you access more food.
Your organization's food programs can flourish with greater access to fresh, nutritious food.
We can all reduce our environmental impact by rescuing good, edible food instead of throwing it away.
That's why we built this system just for you.
FoodRescue.ca is a free, online tool that offers the flexibility for
any organization to rescue
any kind of food,
from any type of food business,
any time you need it.
Our clients and cooks are loving it!
CEO, Monarch Recovery Services
SMART.Use rescued food to offset program costs. Access valuable data on the amount of food rescued, equivalent meals provided by your programs, and the resulting positive environmental impact.
SIMPLE.FoodRescue.ca does the hard work of locating food and everyone gains peace-of-mind that food safety standards are met.
LOCAL.Create stronger community connections through a network of local donors. Improve established relationships by measuring your rescues, together.
HOW IT WORKS
FoodRescue.ca connects donations directly to social service organizations who can put this food to great use.
- Food businesses register to become Food Donors
- Donations are made by entering details of food available, along with the location and pickup time
- Charities and not-for-profit organizations with food programs apply to become Food Rescuers
- We confirm that food safety practices are in place
- FoodRescue.ca matches donations to the capacities of each recipient organization
- Rescuers agree to pickup at the time and location specified
- Recipient organizations verify donations, so that donors know their good food has been rescued